Standard troubleshooting questions apply:
1) Which operating system?
2) Which exact version/build of Photoshop?
3) Does it happen with all files, some or just one?
4) Does it happen every time or sometimes?
5) Has it always happened on this computer or did it start recently!
Sorry first time posting.
1) Which operating system? Windows 7
2) Which exact version/build of Photoshop? Photoshop CC
3) Does it happen with all files, some or just one? All files
4) Does it happen every time or sometimes? Everytime
5) Has it always happened on this computer or did it start recently! Just started within the last week.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Since it just started reset preferences. Start PS and immediately hold down ctrl/alt/shift keys. If fast enough you will get a reset window.
Thanks Curt Y. I tried that and was able to clear the preferences but Photoshop CC still crashes.
Open PS CC without clicking on a file,then open Preferences (Ctrl K) and look at Performance.
I would turn off the GPU features to see if it's a video driver issue. Also check your GPU manufacturer for any driver updates.
Second, look at memory. Lower it to 55% and see if that helps. On the safe side, run Windows 7 memory diagnostics.
Those are two areas to look at. Photoshop CC will stress your system more than CS6.
I have tried your suggestions and it continues to crash. I ran multiple diagnostic checks on my video cards and my memory. I can't understand how CS6 works fine and Adobe Premier Pro works but Photoshop CC doesn't.
If it truly crashes, as opposed to freezing, then in OS open Event Viewer. See if you can find the line Faulting Module. This is where problem lies.
Curt Y. Thanks. I checked and there are no warnings in the event viewer. Under the task manager when I try and open Photoshop CC, photoshop pops open then it disappears when it crashes. So I'm pretty sure its crashing not freezing.
If there are no warnings in the Event Viewer Applications tab it is not a crash.
Is CS6 closed or running in the background? If running close it.
Can you open CC by clicking on the icon? Does it load completely or stop somewhere?
Can you click File/new and have the drawing tool draw lines?
Well I'm not 100% sure I'm reading the Event Viewer correctly. I have warnings under the adminstrative Events tab. I have two DNS events and a bunch of Application Errors, I've posted what they say below.
- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 100 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2013-07-26T18:57:09.000000000Z EventRecordID 48452 Channel Application Computer jm7.tmghawaii.local Security - EventData XbdStat.exe 184.108.40.206 46e6333a ntdll.dll 6.1.7601.17725 4ec4aa8e c0000005 000000000005324e f50 01ce8a31ee3fb790 C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\XbdStat.exe C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll 2c0e3278-f625-11e2-9b97-180373de72c3
That's a crash for XbdStat.exe (part of your xerox driver), not Photoshop.