2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 5:48 PM by Steve Werner

InDesign CS6 to Interactive PDF

Randy Kady

I want to design an Newsletter in CS6 and export it as a interactive PDF. The end goal is to be able to email the Newsletter out, but allow the end user to be able to modify the text in each section so they can personalize it as necessary. Additionally, I want them to be able to add thier own logo to the newsletter. I know much of this can be done in Acrobat X but can it all be done in InDesign CS6?

Can anyone point me to some resources if it is possible.

Thank you.

Randy

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6 to Interactive PDF
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

IMO, You are way over estimating what can be done with a PDF but you'll

get way better feedback in the Acrobat forum.

• 2. Re: InDesign CS6 to Interactive PDF
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I can tell you what they'll tell you in the Acrobat forum: PDF is considered a FINAL format. It's not intended (or constructed) to be work the way you would like.

allow the end user to be able to modify the text in each section so they can personalize it as necessary. Additionally, I want them to be able to add thier own logo to the newsletter.

The only thing that approaches what you want is creating form fields in InDesign that can be filled out when a user received the PDF document.

If each recipient had a full copy of PAID Acrobat application, they could make minor changes in text and pictures. To have the greatest capabilities, they would need to own the latest version, Acrobat XI, which has stronger editing features than earlier versions of Acrobat.