I am unable to access my video card GPU in AE CS6. PS CS6 recognizes it just fine.
Error: (GPU not available - incompatible device or display driver)
Radeon HD 5900 GPU Compatibility with After Effects?
Running into a GPU issue with After Effects.... I am unable to access my video card GPU in AE CS6Error: (GPU not available - incompatible device or display driver)
1. Processor: i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
2. Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series 1024mb GDDR5
3. OS: Win8, 64bit
4. Driver version 13.4 and beta 13.6
5. Power Supply: No clue where to find this info. Direct from manufacturer.
6. Ram: 12GB
7. Did your computer come with the OS: No. Upgraded.
and Graphics card: Yes orginial card from manufacturer
8. Monitor resolution: 1920x1200 connected by: DVI no conversion
9 Computer Brand: Alienware Aurora
That is not a card that After Effects will use for GPU (CUDA) acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer. That card will be used for other (OpenGL) GPU features.