3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 6:38 PM by gener7

What are the optimal hardware specification requirements for Adobe Photoshop CS6?

phdwengr

Greetings to the staff and users of this forum,

As the title clearly stipulates, the question is "What are the optimal hardware specification requirements for Adobe Photoshop CS6?".
      Unfortunately, I am not satisfied with the specs specified on the website, as I believe they are far lesser than the specs needed to run the program at its full potential. This belief comes from my experience with the product Adobe Photoshop CS2 that I currently run on my computer. In effect, Ps CS2 cannot fully run without inducing time lags on my computer (i.e. when using 500 pix diameter smudge tool/ using liquify gallery), even though my specs are already higher than those specified for CS6 (mine are: Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 1.86 GHz, 3 GB RAM). I can assure you that I get those time lags even when almost in safe mode (only system main processes running) and that my computer is clean from any process/virus that could lower its performances.

I've been through two chat rooms and four telephone operators to always get the same answer: the specs on the website.
      If any user here could provide me with proper higher specs, I would really be grateful.

Thanks,
      phdwengr