1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 9:17 PM by Rick Gerard

Hi, I need some help please.

cameron.s Level 1

Hi, I have been watching this tutorial where you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrSZxOALNRY   - I know this tutorial is weird but I am trying to do something like this so is helping me. But I got stuck at around 9:42 when he said he is going to kind of cut it. I dont know what he did there when he said that and would love to know so I can continue his tutorial. I have looked everywhere and couldnt find an answer and was wondering if anyone could please help me out.

Thanks in advance. 

• 1. Re: Hi, I need some help please.
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Like I said before, this is a very porly written and produced tutorial. Cutting layers is basic AE that you have to know how to do in order to do much of anything in AE. When you're completely lost use the Search Help field in the top right corner of AE. That will give you a bunch of information on things like, keyframes, editing, cut a layer, trim. You can't learn AE by just watching a few thrown together tutorials and poking around in the program. You have to get a handle on the basics.

Start Here.

Cut or trim a layer by ... about 10 different options including using the CTI and the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + [ for in and Alt/Option + ] for out.