7 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 3:26 AM by Leo Kanel

Flash Builder will not debug app with .ane on Android Device

T.SKILLsoftware

Hello ,

I'm having a big issue with the overall stability of Flash Builder 4.7 on my Mac (OS X 10.7.5)

I developped an extension on FB 4.6 for iOS and Android and it was  working good. In the meantime I updated to 4.7, and since then I keep on running in to lots of problems when debuggin or compiling.

Now my extension needs to be extended, and suddenly the complete project stopped, because debugger refuses working on android devices.

The error I get is:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching MyAppWithExtension".

java
      .lang.NullPointerException
      at com
      .adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.retainExtensionIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:309)
      at com
      .adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:360)
      at com
      .adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:326)
      at com
      .adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:195)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:168)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.initialisePackager(ADBLaunchHandler.java:533)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.doPackage(ADBLaunchHandler.java:409)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.launch(ADBLaunchHandler.java:350)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:244)
      at com
      .adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:134)
      at org
      .eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
      at org
      .eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
      at org
      .eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)
      at org
      .eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
      at org
      .eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Session Data:

eclipse
      .buildId=M20110909-1335
      java
      .version=1.6.0_51
      java
      .vendor=Apple Inc.
      BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
      Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/myusername/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
      Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/myusername/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation

This is a continuation of log file /Users/myusername/PathToMy/Workspaces/MyAppWithExtension/.metadata/.bak_0.log
      Created Time: 2013-07-24 11:43:14.053

What I tried so far:

- Creating new workspace

- Running Flash Builder with -clean parameter at startup

- Reinistalling Flash Builder using Adobe Clean Tool

- Stripping all metadata from the project (keeping only the source files) and make a complete new project setup.

All to no avail.

There's a good chance, I have a problem in my .ane code, but how am I supposed to find out, if debugger isn't working?

BTW, I can make an release build of the project, but it hangs after the splash screen. I don't know, if it's a build or coding error, though.

Ironically, I convinced my my employer to update FB to 4.7 due to the advanced iOS debugging features, but now I already spent about 10 times more working hours in finding workarounds to debugging / compiling issues than these features will ever be able to save me.

Maybe anybody here has an idea on how to solve this issue ?