3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2006 10:57 AM by squeegie1

Instance Jumping

squeegie1
      I have movie clip that I want to play as it exits a scene. However I need it to go to a new scene when it ends. It is somewhat like a transition, but it is driven by a button. I have 4 other buttons in the scene that I would like to use this same movie clip, but send the user to a different scene after the clip has ended. Can someone please help me? I am very limited on my knowledge of ActionScript, and this is the only thing that is keeping me from finishing my site.
        • 1. Re: Instance Jumping
          DazFaz Level 1
          Do you have the fla that I can download to take a better look at your problem?
          • 2. Re: Instance Jumping
            squeegie1 Level 1
            Ok, after some further exploration and reseach, I think I have a better understanding of what I am trying to do. I have a button that will activate a movie from the library. When that movie is done, I want the scene to change to another scene. How do I make the button play a movie from the library, and then have it change scenes once it is done. My scripting knowledge is extremely limited, but I think this will help me get a better handle on the process.
            here is the sample file that I have been working on to figure it out.
            http://www.squeegie.net/holder.fla
            Thanks in advance.
            • 3. Re: Instance Jumping
              squeegie1 Level 1
              Ok, now I have figured out how to load a movie from the library ( using attach_movie), but I still cant get it to jump into another scene once the movie is done playing. It just keeps looping the movie. I put a "go to & play" at the last frame of the movie, but it doesnt do anything. Is it becuase it is loaded from the library? I'm so close!! arrrrggg!!