1) In CC, Sony XAVC is supported and should import like other supported formats. Export is not currently supported. You could try to export as DPX. To create a Sequence, grab a file in the Project panel and drop on the New Item icon (lower right of Project panel) to create a Sequencebased upon attributes of the file.
2) When you export DPX, for the Output Name, name it to have whatever number of digits you would like. Eg: "MyExport 00000000"
3) ProRes is available on Mac, if you have 10.8.x. Otherwise, if you have another application that installs ProRes, then it should also show up in Premiere Pro.
4) Simply grab the file in the Project panel and drag it up or down to sort the file.
I hope this helps.
thanks a lot for your answers.
It seams, 4) was not clearly described. My F55 generates clips with names "Clip0000" to "Clipnnnn". In the list view, they are sorted starting with 0000, but in the icon-view, there is a unlogical muddle. Of course I can sort them individualy by drag and drop but with some hundred clips??? FCP even in Rev.1 had a sort by name up/down command. Is that so difficult to implement also in PPCC?
3) I use 10.8.4 but after Media > Export > Format, e.g. DNxHD is listed but not ProRes, even not in the Quicktime-Presets. Later in the Video-Codec window, ProRes is finally available. Why that hidden?
1) Yes, I know this procedure but when I check the sequence attributes, the report is "AVC unlimited" what ever this means but no answer, if it's 10bit 422 as XAVC or regular 8bit 4:2:0 H264.
With other words, XAVC is not very well implemented in PP CC.
in the icon-view, there is a unlogical muddle
The default for Icon sorting is the order of Import. If you always import from first clip to last, they will show in sequential order.
CC7 does now have automatic sorting in Icon view. Just click the up/down arrows next to the mountain icon at the bottom of the panel.
Later in the Video-Codec window, ProRes is finally available. Why that hidden?
That's where it's always been. As QuickTime can contain any number of codecs (just like AVI can), this is where that selection is made.
As Jim mentions, there are additional options for sorting in the Sort Icons (bottom left of Project panel).
Since native ProRes support is only available on 10.8, presets were not added. There are some available for download or you can create your own.
Please feel free to submit requests for added XAVC support. https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform