1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 10:52 AM by vectorbabe

Creating a form in InDesign

mwgarrett Level 1

Hi,

I have several documents set up in InDesign as templates.

My staff and volunteers will open the document, edit only a couple of items and print it out.

I would like to be able to have them use Acrobat Reader to edit the documents while (hopefully) maintaining the style (font style, etc).

See the items with the purple background in the example.

Most of the volunteers will have a PC.

Any ideas on how I should set this up and save it?

Thanks,

Matt

Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 1.31.56 PM.png

• 1. Re: Creating a form in InDesign
          vectorbabe Level 1

Matt,

What you're asking for is totally doable, but will require that you have a full copy of Acrobat Pro. But once you set up the PDFs, your volunteers will be able to use Reader to edit the two form fields.

Set up your template in InDesign. Open the Buttons and Forms panel from Window > Interactive. You want to put those purple frame behind the form fields you're going to create below.

Draw a frame, select it, and choose Text Field.

Now, you can export this as a PDF, but you can't get that custom Font, point size, etc.

So, what you will have to do is open the PDF in Acrobat, Open Forms Editing, and edit that form to choose your own font, point size, etc.

It's a little complicated in Acrobat, and I'm in the middle of a project, but someone here might be able to talk you through it or in the Acrobat forum.

Sandee

--

Sandee Cohen

Computer Graphics Trainer