2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 2:18 AM by the_wine_snob

How to preview a whole portrait picture in pan zoom mode?

Atsu1234

Hi I'm new. Currently, I'm trying to create a slide show for my website, and I want to make some motion(zoom in zoom out fade in and fade out) in my pictures.

In pan zoom mode, I can preview a whole landscape oriented picture, but portrait oriented picture has a limit to zoom out and apply a whole picture....  and when I turn Motion and opacity off, Thumnails and preview looks different at all.  Is this a bug or my mistake?

photo (1).JPGThis is turn Motion and opacity mode on.

I can't expand the Green box and apply the whole photo.

photo.JPGThis is turn Motion and opacity mode off.

Tumnail and preview looks wired.

If I could select a whole picture, I don't mind to see a black border around the picture.

• 1. Re: How to preview a whole portrait picture in pan zoom mode?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Atsu1234

As regards to the Premiere Elements 11 Pan and Zoom Tool, I see it as "it is what it is" in this instance.

I would encourage you to explore the alternative approach to panning, zooming, fades in, fades out, that is, keyframing

Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded

Scale property for Zoom

Position property for Pan

Applied Effect/Applied Effects Palette/Opacity Panel expanded

either shortcuts for Fade In and Fade Out

or

keyframing Opacity with the Opacity slider in that location.

You can do some pan OR zoom with presets found under fx Effects/Presets/...in this case, pan or zoom but not pan and zoom per clip.

Please review and do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to preview a whole portrait picture in pan zoom mode?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I give a +1 to ATR's suggestion to go beyond the Pan & Zoom Presets (which work fine for some general work, but are limited), and explore the Keyframing of various Effects (both the Fixed Effects, like Scale - Zoom, and Position - Pan, and for many applied Effects). You do have to do a bit more work, but the end results are virtually infinite, limited only by your imagination.

Good luck,

Hunt