8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2013 9:10 AM by Barbara B. RSS

Connection lost to all files on Mac. PS11 shows wrong location

marcuswse

My first ever post on the forum.

I have recently moved a catalog from a PC to a mac (after 5+ years using PSE on a PC). I transferred (using PSE11 restore catalog process) 25,000+ photos across using the instructions from adobe and had it all working perfectly for a couple of weeks.

Recently all the photos in my catalog have become 'missing files'. The catalog is located in a custom location on the internal drive being '/users/marcus/pictures/adobe/organizer/media/media/'

pse11 now thinks location is

'/volumes/public/users/marcus/pictures/adobe/organizer/media/media/'

The /volumes/ directory contains references to files on network drives (and show up under 'Shared' in finder). I have no idea how PSE11 decided to think all the files in ther catalog were on a network drive.

When I reconnect the file manually, then the program returns the error "The file exists in the catalog."

This error appears to be the one referenced here: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/cant-edit-open-reconnect-photos.html being kb404560 but these are mostly windows based solutions. I have tried the suggested solutions without success on the mac

I suspect the problem occurred due to OSX's stadard process of mounting virtual drives to install new programs but this is a guess as I am new to macs. I have unmounted all recent drives

I am running OS X 10.8.4 on a late 2012 27 inch iMac 3.4GHz i7 mac with 8 GB of memory

Any advice is appreciated.