3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 7:43 AM by JJMack

CS6: cropping a picture and repeat this on another picture?

cmeira Level 1

Hi,

I have several pictures. Each "pair of picture" shows the same person on the same background/perspective/settings (using a tripod) -- but with the person on a different position.

Now I want to crop these pairs of pictures. Now I am recording my cropping of the first picture as an action and repeat the same step via this action on the second picture.

But it is possible eg to record my cropping via a shortcut and execute the cropping with another shortcut to the next picture (the "next actually opened" picture) just to do this faster?

Thanks!

mtemmp

• 1. Re: CS6: cropping a picture and repeat this on another picture?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I do not use the crop tool to crop document in actions. I normally use the marquee tool and image crop in actions. It all image files are the same pixel size. It would be very easy to record an action to batch crop a set of images to the same pixel area.

• 2. Re: CS6: cropping a picture and repeat this on another picture?
            cmeira Level 1

the problem is that I each pair of photos needs a different cropping area. At the moment I record my cropping in the first picture. Than changing to the other picture and  executing only this last recording step of my action.

Then I repeat this procedure with 150 further "pairs of photos"...

Thus I thought there would be a "smoother" procedure, recording only one step (the cropping) after pressing a shortcut, then executing my cropping via another shortcut. Not less, not more

But okay, I will proceed with my solution, clicking in the action panel...

• 3. Re: CS6: cropping a picture and repeat this on another picture?
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

If the cropping area size is the same aspect ratio and size you can record an interactive action where you interactively control the position of the area.  It  is even possible to create an action that would allow you to actually change the area size you crop that if you constrain the change size to the same aspect ratio crop the crop's DPI resolution could be set so all cropped images would print the same size.