All - wanted to know if anybody is having a similar experience in upgrading from CQ (AEM) 5.6 to 5.6.1, and whether you could suggest a remedy.
The problem we're having with 5.6.1 can be replicated easily on an AWS Linux instance installing a fresh 5.6.1 installation (i.e. bypassing any upgrade that would happen by installing 5.6.0 first) and following the instructions provided by AEM at https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/installing_cq.html#Tomcat%207. Steps to replicate:
1. [OK] Launch a fresh AWS Linux installation using the latest AMI provided by Amazon
2. [OK] Install Oracle Java (1.7.0_25) and Tomcat 7 (7.0.40 - which is the latest version provided by Amazon); Tomcat 7 is configured to use oracle Java
3. [OK] Follow the instructions provided to configure tomcat7 and AEM author
4. [OK] Visit the login page on the AEM author - this works
5. [OK] Stop tomcat7
6. [OK] Start tomcat7
7. [FAIL] Visit the login page on the AEM author - this hangs, telneting to the HTTP port used by tomcat doesn't connect
So basically everything is fine until you restart Tomcat. The same behaviour is observed when doing an upgrade - so doing an inplace upgrade from 5.6.0 to 5.6.1 succeeds but breaks when the tomcat service is restarted.
All comments warmly received. Thanks
On new system as a verification before restart Go to /libs/system/install, delete the cqse-httpservice node and save your changes. Then restart your instance & see if it helps.
Hi Sham - tried that but in CRXLite there is nothing resembling cqse-httpservice in /libs/system/install; we only have the following: