1 2 Previous Next 47 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 5:42 AM by Geoffrey Beane

Merged clips in Premiere Pro CC an absolute nightmare

Greg Popp Level 1

I just finished a rough cut of a 10 minute dramatic narrative.  All in all, I found CC to be a fine experience.  However, my project is nearly all merged clips, created with Canon 1D-C transcoded ProRes 422 4K video files, and WAV files from an external audio recorder.

Here's a (crippling) list of ALL the things that don't work currently in CC with merged clips:

No Match Frame

No Replace Edits (picture matches, but audio gets out of sync)

And for that matter, NO out-of-sync indicators at all.  None.

No making SUBCLIPS in the project panel (via source panel ins and outs).  A subclip gets created, but it's not the part you selected.

No retention of MARKER comments.  Once you select a new clip, the comments go POOF!  Gone.

Again, the good news is I wasn't under a deadline, and I was able to work through all of these problems.  This is indeed a stunning interface and experience, but were I to do it all over again, I would have synced everything with Plural Eyes outside of Premiere, married audio and picture (efffectively doubling my media), and imported those clips.  C'est la vie. 

Please help and report this nightmare with merged clips.  Thank you! 

1 2 Previous Next