2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2013 5:16 PM by Todd_Kopriva RSS

Transfer settings from CS6 to CC

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there was an easy way to transfer all my effects, settings and plugins from CS6 to CC. I have an 27in iMac (just to give you an idea of what my operating system is).

I want to transfer all my settins from CS6 to CC but cant see an easy way to do it. I have loads of stuff that I need to transfer over including all the Red Giant plugins and don't want to spend the million hours thats going to take. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

• 1. Re: Transfer settings from CS6 to CC
          Rick Gerard MVP

Check your Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/Media core directories for 3Rd party plug-ins. Copy them from CS6 to CC or create an alias.

Plug-in's done.

Check your Documents/Adobe/After Effects CS6 folder. Copy the contents to CC or create an alias. Pre-sets done.

If you can't see the root Library file in Finder try using the Go To Folder link from the Go menu in finder and enter /Library

That should do it for most things.

• 2. Re: Transfer settings from CS6 to CC
            Todd_Kopriva Adobe Employee

Rick's suggestion regarding an alias is what I use for plug-ins, animation presets, and scripts.

Preferences don't transfer from one version to the next (though we're working on that).