4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 11:28 AM by Mozzer27

Page layout problem

Mozzer27 Level 1

Hi I've just laid out my book in InDesign CS6. Why does the first page of my book refuse to line up with what I would consider to be the text frame I set at the start. There is a second blue line that is lined up on just two sides? The inner blue line has no anchor points that you can drag to fit the bigger frame. This is the only time that this happens though in 200 pages. Is this something I should worry about? This is the right hand page of two - the left hand page is my copyright page. Also all but about a dozen pages have the last line of text finishing on the page and then a nice 2mm gap before what I would consider to be the layout I set up at the start. The dozen pages I speak about have the text in my document running right against the text frame. This is important to me because once it is printed I will be looking at it very annoyed for the next thirty plus years.

John

• 1. Re: Page layout problem
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

We definitely need a screen shot for this. You can embed it in a post using the camera icon on the web page like this:

CameraIcon.png

• 2. Re: Page layout problem
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I think the other thread is connected to this?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1263946?tstart=0

You should always add follow up answers or statements into the same thread.

• 3. Re: Page layout problem
              Mozzer27 Level 1

Hi Willi, thanks for your message. I was doing stuff late last night and flying about as per usual so I didn't see the tiny blue Reply hyperlink - I didn't mean to annoy anyone.

I've just sat down at my computer now so I'll try a couple of you guys suggestions out now I have a fresh mind!!

John

• 4. Re: Page layout problem
                Mozzer27 Level 1

Hi Wili

Had a brainwave today and remembered that I had an InDesign CS5 textbook that I bought some years ago. I'm still not sure how to get rid of the blue line on the first page but I found out how to remove all guides to see how things will look when printed and it doesn't seem to make any difference. The page we have been talking about is a right hand page and the only text on the left hand page opposite is my copyright page. Just another point for the board, while I've been doing this project - cover and interior I have found the 'brilliant' - (that's the brand name) by Steve Johnson to be the best series of books - they're reasonably priced as well -  £19.99 in the UK = very well illustrated and very detailed step by step instructions.

John