4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2008 3:49 AM by simonbingham

FCKeditor 404 Error Message

simonbingham Level 1
      Hello,

I have been experimenting with FCKeditor in Coldfusion 8. I have amended the fckcongif.js file to create a custom toolbar and it is working perfectly. However, I have more than one website on my server and I want to be able to link a different stylesheet for each website to each website's FCKeditor.

I know that the first step is to create a custom configuration file within each website root directory and include some code on the page where the FCKeditor is located to link to the custom configuration file. I have created a page to test this, but I get an error.

Here is the error:

404 /fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html

My test and custom configuration files are both located in the following directory.

C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\Websites\@Lab

Please could someone let me know what I am doing wrong?
        • 1. Re: FCKeditor 404 Error Message
          samunplugged Level 1
          Hi,

This page explains customization of rich text editor.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=Tags_t_02.html

Remember, CF provides two toolbar sets entries in fckconfig.js. Simply edit the file and create a new entry...

FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["MyToolbar"] = [
          ['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteWord','-','Print','SpellCheck'],
          '/',
          ['Style','FontFormat','FontName','FontSize'],
          ];

And then, remove the entire <script> tag you have written.

Sam
          Adobe Certified Flash and
          Advanced ColdFusion Developer
          • 2. Re: FCKeditor 404 Error Message
            simonbingham Level 1
            Sam,

Thank you for your response, but I am not sure it helps. I have already created my own custom FCKeditor toolbar by amending the fckconfig.js file in the CFIDE directory. However, what I want to do is create a custom editor at server level (which I have done), but link a different stylesheet to each FCKeditor within each website on my server.

I hope this makes sense to you...
            • 3. FCKeditor 404 Error Message
              samunplugged Level 1
              I am not sure if this would help either. In FCKConfig.js I could only find a property referring to CSS but no method to change the css path.

FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'css/fck_editorarea.css' ;

And that file has this comment:
              * This is the default CSS file used by the editor area. It defines the
              * initial font of the editor and background color.
              * A user can configure the editor to use another CSS file. Just change
              * the value of the FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS key in the configuration
              * file.
              */

Sadly, no one at FCK wiki has cared to document this properly.

I suggest that you change the value of FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS property before the init for second rich text editor happens. I hope it can solve your issue. The css folder is: CFIDE\scripts\ajax\FCKeditor\editor\css\

Sam
              Adobe Certified Flash and
              Advanced ColdFusion Developer

• 4. Re: FCKeditor 404 Error Message
                simonbingham Level 1
                Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else can offer any assistance on this one?

Simon