2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2013 11:43 PM by Willi Adelberger

Unsure about out of line pages

Mozzer27 Level 1

Hi

Thanks to those people who viewed my post. I've been asked to attach screen shots. Guide out of line.JPG

This is the most concerning problem to me. Why am I unable to drag the blue line that is to the inside of the pink line on the right hand page so that they line up. I can do this on all other pages.

Capture3.JPGThe second screenshot shows what I mean about the text running right against the bottom of the text frame - is this important? On other pages there is like I said a nice gap of 2-3mmCapture3.JPG

• 1. Re: Unsure about out of line pages
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Let's start with the second question. The space at the bottom of a text frame will depend on the text and how the leading adds up compared to the height of the frame, along with any keep options that might prevent text from using the bottom of a frame, or aligning to a baseline grid that may or may not fall onthe bottom of the frame. There is no "normal" here.

As far as not being able to resize the frame in the first shot, are you able to select it? Hae you checked the layers panel to be sure it isn't locked?

• 2. Re: Unsure about out of line pages
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

For the first problem when you are not able to resize the frame do you have applied some text frame properties (directly or via object style) which will have a fixed column width or a minimum height? Look either in the applied object style or in the text frame options (cmd/dtrl + B).