1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2013 4:27 AM by Yammer

RE: Camera Raw 8.1 Detail Tab

animationlife Level 1

Hello Everyone.

Inside Camera Raw 8.1, I think by Default Inside the Detail Tab the Amount Of Sharpening Is 25, and Radius Is 1.0  and Detail Is 1.0.

Also Inside the Noise Reduction Color Is 25, And Color Detail Is 50

If I am shooting RAW, why there is a Default sharpening amount, and Noise Reduction amount for each Image ?

Can I Turn It off to 0 or it is the Default amount for sharpening?

I personally like to open my Raw Images Inside the Camera Raw, and apply the White Balance and do some Color Adjustment, and later Sharpen my Images Inside the Photoshop using the  Unsharp mask, and go to the- Edit Fade Unsharp Mask

and Using the Luminosity Mode.

• 1. Re: RE: Camera Raw 8.1 Detail Tab
          Yammer Level 4

Quick answer: the default Details Panel 'capture' sharpening is good. I personally wouldn't recommend removing it without good reason. I have it set even higher. Yes, you can turn it off by setting amount to 0. You can also change defaults by selecting "Save New Camera Raw Defaults" from the tiny menu on the right of the Camera Raw adjustments panel, when you've created your ideal settings.

It's not the same as 'output' sharpening, which you might do later on (and Camera Raw can do too, separately in Workflow settings).

Slow answer: RTFM http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/topics/camera-raw.html