5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2013 9:49 AM by A.T. Romano

Burn timeline to loop in PE 11

jwoods65

Is it possible to burn a timeline that loops in the PE 11 package?

• 1. Re: Burn timeline to loop in PE 11
          the_wine_snob Level 9

When you say "burn," do you mean Burn to Disc for DVD-Video, or BD (Blu-ray Disc)?

If so, then not directly. PrE's DVD/BD authoring capabilities are limited. Most full-featured authoring software can indeed create an auto-looping disc, by adding an End Action to a Timeline, pointing back to itself. Sony's DVD Architect can do this, as can several other programs.

With a little hacking, and some other software utilities, one can Burn to Folder (DVD-Video only, but not BD) in PrE, and then rewrite a few lines of code. I do not have instructions on doing this, as I use Adobe Encore for most of my authoring, and it allows me to easily loop the Timeline.

For direct looping from PrE, it is recommended that one just use the Repeat function on the DVD/BD player.

If that is not viable for your needs, then maybe others will have info and instructions on the utilities to use, and how to reprogram the play instructions on the DVD/BD from PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Burn timeline to loop in PE 11
            jwoods65 Level 1

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

Yes, burn to dvd. It has to run throughout the evening of our fundraiser event on the 23rd of August.

I have Roxio Creator Pro 2012. Do you know about that program?

I ordered the Adobe Classroom in a book for PE11 and I didn't see anything in there or the online manual.

I read through the forum and it began to dawn on me that this was not going to happen within the confines of the program.

Thanks again Bill.

• 3. Re: Burn timeline to loop in PE 11
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Encore alternative http://www.deskshare.com/dvd-authoring-burning-software.aspx MAY do what you want... check the website

• 4. Re: Burn timeline to loop in PE 11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jwoods65

If you are looking to have continuous playing of your DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc that you produce in Premiere Elements there are two approaches.

I am almost certain that I addressed this matter with you in one of your prior posts.

If you have DVD disc in hand, probably the quickest way is to set the player for continuous playback.

But I have written about how to get the looping DVD-VIDEO on DVD using Premiere Elements burn to folder and either of two programs, one PcgEdit and the other IfoEdit. The burn to disc is done with ImgBurn.  Here is the link to my blog post where I go into great detail on how to do all that.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe-looping-dvd-video-on-dvd-disc.html

If you have an existing DVD-VIDEO on DVD, you can always rip the VIDEO_TS from that disc and work it through the suggested workflow just mentioned.

Roxio Creator Pro 2012...from what I have read about that, if you do not include a menu, the DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc is supposed to loop in the player. Have you confirmed that? Consider, when looping is involved, a menu is of no consequence (from most perspectives) since the looping typically bypasses any menu. I have seen two Roxio Creator online articles where this type of question is asked and the answers all are use no menus with that program.

Please review and update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Burn timeline to loop in PE 11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jwoods65

As a follow up relating to the comments that I saw about Roxio Creator Pro 2012, no menu, and looping, I gave another look at the Premiere Elements 11 burn to disc DVD-VIDEO Standard on DVD with no menu. As usual, I could not get that to loop spontaneously at playback on TV via the TV's DVD player. And, the TV and/or DVD Player had no control to set for looping.

ATR