5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2013 1:23 PM by the_wine_snob

How do I adjust the duration of titles?

Donx

How do I adjust the duration of titles? The adjustment box has no such adjustments. Thanks.

• 1. Re: How do I adjust the duration of titles?
          Barbara B. Level 7

Hi, Donx. You posted this in the Photoshop Elements forum and not many of us use Premiere Elements, which has its own forum. I'll move this over there for you.

• 2. Re: How do I adjust the duration of titles?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

With the Title on the Timeline, in Expert Mode, just click+drag on the Tail (or the Head) of the Title, to increase the Duration. I like to also have the Info Panel open, so that I can accurately see that Duration change.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: How do I adjust the duration of titles?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Donx

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

In the absence of that information, I will generalize.

1. You create a title in the project's Titler. After you are finished creating the title you click Done. The process has placed the title on the Timeline at the position of the Timeline Indicator. The duration of the title will correspond to the still image default duration which is set in Edit Menu/Preferences/General Still Image Duration before you import media into the project.

a. The units for this set is "frames". You should be seeing 150 frames. If you are in a PAL setup (25 frames per seconds) that corresponds to a still image duration of 6 seconds for the title placed on the Timeline. If you are in a NTSC setup (30 frames per seconds) that corresponds to a still image duration of 5 seconds for the title placed on the Timeline.

2. If you have created the title (whatever that default setting is), you can change the title duration my increasing or decreasing its duration.

a. dragging on the edges

b. right clicking it, selecting Time Stretch, and setting the wanted duration....the readout in Time Stretch is 00;00;00;00 (hours;minutes;seconds;frames). If you wanted a 3 second duration instead of 5, you would changed the Time Stretch readout from 00;00;05;00 to 00;00;03;00.

3. Once you have closed the Titler, you can re-edit the title on the Timeline  to open the Titler again for edits of the title.

Please let us know if any of the above helped.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I adjust the duration of titles?
                Donx Level 1

Thank you for the simple answer; these programs seem less intuitive all the time or else I am just getting older.

• 5. Re: How do I adjust the duration of titles?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

After just a bit, they will become more intuitive - trust me.

Now, that same method can also be used to increase/decrease the Duration of individual Still Images, that have been Imported, and placed on the Timeline - click+drag.

Obviously, it cannot be used on many Video Clips, UNLESS the Clip has been Trimmed, and then the click+drag can "un-Trim" that Clip. If the Clip is un-Trimmed to begin with, there is nothing to un-Trim.

As another aside, if one has used one of the Title Animation Presets, such as Crawl, or Roll, the speed of those animations can be controlled by increasing/decreasing the Title's Duration.

Good luck,

Hunt