3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2006 3:57 PM by kglad

myMCL.loadClip issue

Decker
      I have a problem with the following actionscript:

var myMCL:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
      var myListener:Object = new Object();

myMCL.addListener(myListener);
      myMCL.loadClip("rain.swf", 5);

Basically, I have a movie named rain.swf which is loaded into a Flash Document together with a number of layers which include simple text tweening.

The swf works at first then mysteriously stops, i.e. only the text tweening appears and the rain.swf doesn't?

Any ideas please?
        • 1. Re: myMCL.loadClip issue
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          if rain.swf loads, the problem is not related to the code you showed which only loads rain.swf into _level5. what mysteriously stops and what code is related to that?

p.s. as shown, your listener does nothing.
          • 2. Re: myMCL.loadClip issue
            Decker Level 1
            It is rain.swf that has stopped loading unfortunately - when I first create the file, rain.swf can be seen - I then add three more layers with tweening text and all seems well when I test the movie - the rain.swf can be seen and the text - then it stops working?? By 'stops working' I mean the text is still there but not rain.swf?

I have tried it a few times now - I simply can't understand what is happening?
            • 3. Re: myMCL.loadClip issue
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              is the text in rain.swf or in your _level0 swf? and what do you mean by "...then it stops working"?

what do you see in the test environment? everything starts ok, rain.swf is visible, your text does whatever and then something happens to rain.swf? what is it that you see?