8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 3:58 PM by IanH

Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC

IanH

Hi,

I have just published a website to the Business Catalyst server via Muse for testing (link below) and noticed that the Edge animation i have included in the website doesnt work in Internet Explorer 8 as it doesnt support HTML5, do you have a work around for this and if so how do i implement it?

Look forward to hearing from you.

http://hooperdesign.businesscatalyst.com/

• 1. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
          robboerman Level 4

you have 2 choices, make another css file for internet explorer 8 or below, and rebuild the whole site with old css.

or just display a message for internet explorer en netscape with the message: get out of the stoneage, download a real browser with link

-Rob

( i hate the old internet explorer because it makes developing so hard sometimes.)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
            IanH Level 1

Indeed, but as much as I hate IE it still dominates the work place and most people don't know the difference between a good browser and a bad one, so with that I just need a fallback to be honest, but not sure how to go about it or how I would implement it in Muse.

• 3. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
              robboerman Level 4

you could try to use this https://developers.google.com/chrome/chrome-frame/

if that doesnt work, changing the css is pretty damn hard with the parralax scrolling so maby better to use this code

<!--[if IE]>
              <script type="text/javascript">
              window.location = "http://www.google.com/"; /// redirect internet explorer users
              </script>
              <![endif]-->

and redirect internet explorer users to a second page maby...

• 4. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
                IanH Level 1

Thanks, ill give this a go as last resort, but there must be a fallback somewhere in Edge, although your idea would work I'm sure, it seems a bit of an unnecessary length to go to, surly adobe would have thought about older browsers?

• 5. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
                  heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Yes there is a falbback in Edge.

From the File > Publish Settings > Web option, you should see a tick option to Use Google Frame for Ie 6,7,8.

Darrell

• 6. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
                    IanH Level 1

Great thanks, i dont suppose you know how to implement this in Muse by any chance?

• 7. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
                      robboerman Level 4

i'm from orgin an php wordpress developer and im trying to make an muse site now to...

and it is a pain in the *** xD.

no control over css or html, so im starting to regret this

but you can just render it as web in edge animate wit hthe iframe checked. than place in in muse by object > insent html and insent is as iframe.

<iframe src="/folder/index.html"></iframe>

warning, you can not see anything of iframe in preview mode, you have to completely render is as html and manualy open it to see the change....

i really like edge animate but im starting to hate muse

• 8. Re: Working with Edge Animate and Muse CC
                        IanH Level 1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that, the most helpful so far. Ill give it a go.

If you like to get into the code then the best way forward would be to create the bulk of the site in Muse (it's quicker) then export it as HTML, you will then have access to all the code inc CSS and you can tweak accordingly. As you would expect the code muse generates is messy (but getting much better with each update) so if that bothers you it's easy to clean up. FYI, once you have exported to HTML and edited the code you can't open it back up in muse, you can only then edit the site using a text editor, dreamweaver etc.