6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2013 5:17 PM by D0NNN

Download setup

D0NNN Level 1

Hello,

I'm a beginner with some knowledge. I've been downloading AVCHD progressive files from a Panasonic HC-X900M camcorder, sometimes to a LaCie 1TB external hard disk, but mostly to an HP Pavilion HPE h8SE desktop computer model h8-1090t with a C: 2TB HDD and an E: 1TB HDD (i think this is how the computer was shipped, but I'm unsure). I always shoot at the 1080p60 setting. 16MP stills are sometimes sprinkled among the movie files.

Premiere Pro CS5.5 Help recommends downloading these AVCHD progressive files to the computer HDD first. Then importing the wanted files into Premiere Pro using the Media Browser. Till now, I've been using Bridge CS5.1 but Premiere Pro Help doesn't recommend that. I wanted to use the Keywords panel in Bridge to assign specific people's names to each AVCHD file for fast filtering on the Filter panel. But it doesn't seem to allow me to use keywords with AVCHD files. (Together with the .MTS extension file are extensions .CPI and .MPL; still shots are unfortunately all .JPG, no choice.)

First, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to know how to set up the computer HDDs properly step by step. Can the HDDs be reversed, ie the 1TB be C: and the 2TB be E:?

Second, I'd like to know how to properly download AVCHD progressive files to the HDD step by step, if this is the best way to download 1080p60 movie files sprinkled with 16MP still shots, or can they be separately downloaded easily somehow?

Third, is there a way to assign keywords to each AVCHD progressive file as i described above.

In case it's needed, the computer contains i7-970 3.2GHz, 16GB 1066 DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 580 and the two 7200rpm HDDs, and the camcorder has a 32GB and a removable 64GB SSD. Software is Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection, Student and Teacher Edition.

Thanks,

Don