Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot pass an argument > 5KB to a CF web service

Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot pass an argument to a ColdFusion 10 web service if it's greater than approximately 5 KB, regardless of the data type. If I do, the browser returns with a "This page cannot be displayed" message (in IE) or "Server not found" (in Firefox).  If I pass data to the same argument and it's < 5 KB, then it works perfectly fine.   Is there a setting somewhere in ColdFusion, IIS or elsewhere that's causing this that I can adjust?  I'm new to ColdFusion 10 and have never run into this with previous CF versions.  I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - 64 bit- IIS 7.5.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find and increase these variables in IIS: maxRequestEntityAllowed and uploadReadAheadSize

I had a similar issue a while back due to these settings.  They control data to and from ISAPI connections (of which CF is one) according to this article:

http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/serverruntime

Sorry, I cant recall off hand where exactly those settings are in IIS but a quick Google search should turn it up for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to find those settings in IIS under Configuration Editor.  maxRequestEntityAllowed was already set to the maximum value at 4294967295 - and uploadReadAheadSize was set to the default - but I boosted it to the max setting at 2147483647.  Unfortunately, it's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation