11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 11:08 PM by Flash 40

Working with effect presets

community help Level 1
        • 1. Re:  Working with effect presets
          Flash 40

OK, I've created a wonderful effect which I need to use again on another clip. I've saved and renamed this new preset. How can I find my new preset? In version 10 there used to be a folder called "My Presets", where is this folder in version 11?

• 2. Re:  Working with effect presets
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Flash 40

Click on fx Effects tab at bottom of Premiere Elements 11 Windows Expert view.

From pop up menu, select My Presets.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re:  Working with effect presets
              Flash 40 Level 1

Hi Romano

Thanks for your reply

The weather must  also be getting to me. I've done as you instructed and low and behold "My Presets" is there. I'm 100% sure it wasn't there all the other times I've looked

Well, back to the edit.

You know, I used to like Prem Elements when using DV tape but now with AVCHD, it's become a real pain! I was hoping the version 11 would be the answer but it is sadly lacking and now takes a long time to do the edits I need to do having to stop and render every few mins. If only I could get Prem Elements 11 to listen to my Nivida GFX card!

Cheers once again

Dave .

• 4. Re:  Working with effect presets
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you are need to render reguarly, it is not your graphics card that is the issue. It's that your project settings do not match your video specs.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

What are your project settings, as listed under the Edit menu.

• 5. Re:  Working with effect presets
                  Flash 40 Level 1

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply.

I'm living in the UK, my camcorder is a PAL Panasonic HC-X920 and I'm working with 1920x1080/50p.

When initiating a new project for1080/50p, I can't appear to change the project setting to embrace 1920x 1080/50p, as the frame rate check box is grayed out!

I'm using one track for the video and a further two tracks for simple titles plus an ident which will run through out the short production.

The video, audio, previews and project settings.are stored on an external 2TB USB3 drive.

I'm using an Intel chipped, i5 2400 PC running at 3.10 GHz with 8gb ram (my gfx card has a a further 2gb ram but of course that's not been used).

Cheers

proj_settings.jpg

Dave

• 6. Re:  Working with effect presets
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Flash 40

Just starting my day and show your latest post. The reason that you are not using the 1080p50 project preset seems to be that you are allowing the program to set the project preset, and it is not recogizing your video's properties for some reason. When this happens, it gives you the default 1080i.

Please try the following.if your video is 1080p50.

Open a new project.

Go immediately to File Menu/New/Project and set the project preset to

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p50

Before exiting the new project dialog, make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on Project".

If you supply a MediaInfo properties readout for your video, we could try to figure out why the program is not recognizing your video properties to give you the 1080p50 project preset in the first place.

If you do not find the 1080p50 project preset in the PAL AVCHD choi ces in the new project dialog, please let us know.

Even if you have no colored line or green ine over Timeline content, once you edit that content, the orange line appears as a means of the program telling you that you do not have the best possible preview. So, render the Timeline content. Then the program shows green line indicating you now are looking at the best possible preview. And, so on.

As you found out, there is limited opportunities for changing project settings once the project preset has been changed. The Adobe party line is that you cannot change project settings once the project preset has been changed. We have shown that you can under certain conditions. BUT, to do that you have to go through the process of editing the Notepad document for the saved project.prel.

ATR

• 7. Re:  Working with effect presets
                      Flash 40 Level 1

Hello Romano

Hope the weather has improved for you, I've just been out to take some more footage and on my return found your reply.

There is NO option for a 1080p 50 preset in the PAL AVCHD I've included a screen shot to show the settings available to me under the useful AVCHD options.

projset2.jpg

Thank you once again

Dave.

• 8. Re:  Working with effect presets
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

A while back the issue of the missing 1080p60 and 1080p50 was a major topic for those with Premiere Elements 11.

Please check out the following

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/missing-presets-pre-11.html

Even though it speaks to non English installations of the program, this might be affecting you also if you have Premiere Elements 11 and there is no PAL AVCHD AVCHD 1080p50 project preset. As a cross check, under NTSC do you see NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60?

Too early in the day here to decide whether the weather and I are compatible for the day.

ATR

• 9. Re:  Working with effect presets
                          Flash 40 Level 1

Wow, I now am the proud owner of a 1080p 50 setting in Elements 11 ... what a difference it makes to playing media in the time line !

Thanks Romano

I feel I should ask about how to edit the project settings using notepad for a future refference.

Enjoy your day

Dave

• 10. Re:  Working with effect presets
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Flash 40

That was great news.

I "just happen" to have a blog post on the subject of changing project preset without starting a new project. It is applicable in many cases.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-changing-project-settings-without.html

ATR

• 11. Re:  Working with effect presets
                              Flash 40 Level 1

Romano

You are a star, I'll delve into the notepad edit after I've finished this latest project ( it has to be delivered today!)

Thanks for making my Premiere Elements 11 a better experience.

Dave