4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 8:45 PM by jstrawn

RED Unsupported or Damaged File

matreyia

I keep getting this "unsupported or damaged file" error when previewing or trying to import RED footage. The footage has been sitting on the same drive same system same project and it just goes out suddenly. So far, this has been happening for over one year and still nobody has figured it out. I think I will have to go back to FCP 7. At least that program is stable.

Adobe, if you are reading this, please email me asap and let me know why this is happening. I have three projects and none of them can be worked on until this is resolved...about to lose my clients now.

VT

Mid 2010 Mac Pro

Software  OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Memory  40 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC

Processor  2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

CS 6 suite

RED Footage problems only.

• 1. Re: RED Unsupported or Damaged File
          jstrawn Adobe Employee

RED is a supported format in CS6, so the importer thinks your files are damaged for some reason. Can you send me a small test file which has been importable for you in FCP or another app? You can find m Personal Message info by clicking on my name in the header.

• 2. Re: RED Unsupported or Damaged File
            matreyia Level 1

I have two Mac Pro Towers, one 8 core old machine, and the 12 core. Strange thing is...the older 8 core machine is doing fine...although slow, it reads the same RED files in Premiere with no issues, but the 12 core machine fails often and when it does, there is no chance of making it work again unless you shut it off for days...

The 12 core machine has a Kona 3 Card and I went to the Kona site to update all the software and plug ins today...no such luck. Still doesn't read RED files in Premiere.

I can send you files but they are HUGE 4K files. And we know the files are not corrupt because the other machines process them fine...so me thinks it might be something within the 12 core machine that is messing up things.

Your thoughts?

Viet

• 3. Re: RED Unsupported or Damaged File
              joe bloe premiere Level 5
              ...the other machines process them fine...so me thinks it might be something within the 12 core machine that is messing up things.

Methinks youthinks correctly.

• 4. Re: RED Unsupported or Damaged File
                jstrawn Adobe Employee

Methinks youthinks correctly.

Metoos.