2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 10:16 AM by Bill MI

How do I make multicam clip audio waveform visible.

Sasha_Baych Level 1

I have noticed that with some of my multicam clips when I edit them into the timeline the audio waveform is displayed. But with some other multicam clips when edited into the very same sequence it does not. Multicam clips audio channels settings are all the same.

What does it depend on? Does it require rendering?

• 1. Re: How do I make multicam clip audio waveform visible.
          patm_56

Yes, render the audio and they will show up.  Rendering audio only is faster than rendering the whole timeline.

• 2. Re: How do I make multicam clip audio waveform visible.
            Bill MI

(I put some of this in another post but I wanted it visible in this thread.)

Yes, render audio will make the waveforms appear but I'm finding that render audio in CS6 and CC is taking an increasing amount of time and creating huge render files.  In one case on CC, the render audio time was an hour and it created several 50 GB render files in the Video Cache folder.  And this was for a file where no audio effects had been added since the last render.  I don't understand why the waveform can be there one time and then disappear for no apparent reason the next time I edit the project either.