3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 9:37 AM by A.T. Romano

color background for titles

27sirena del mar

I'm using PrE10.  when i work on titles the background defaults to a black background.  How can I change it to white or some other color?

• 1. Re: color background for titles
          A.T. Romano Level 7

27sirena del mar

The black background that you see for a title file is not the color black. The black represents transparency so that when you have the title on Video track 2 and your image on Video track 1, you see the title overlay on the image.

A few scenario for you to check out

1. Create a color matte for Video 1 and directly above it place your title. For Color Matte, please see Project Media, New Item, Color Matte.

2. Create a title in the Titler and while there go to the Title Menu/Image/Add Image. That will put the image on the top, hidding the text. So, right click the monitor, select Arrange, followed by Send Back.

Please review and then let us know if you have any further questions on this or need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: color background for titles
            the_wine_snob Level 9

An additional method in Titler, would be to create a Rectangular Shape, with Fill only (white in this case), that covers the entire Frame Size, then add the Text above that Filled Shape.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: color background for titles
              A.T. Romano Level 7

27sirena del mar

As per your mention in another of your threads, thanks for the follow up on your question on title background color. Glad my suggestions worked for you.

We will be watching for further developments in your Premiere Elements 10 projects.

ATR