5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 8:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Load order for adding files

kbhj vou86v

Each time I add video files to a new project (in PE 11) the files are added alphabetically, even though the files are sorted in the source folder by date. Is there some way to add the files in the same order as they are in the source folder, ie by date? Also is there some way to re-order the files once they are added - other than one by one as they're are about 50 of them. Many thanks

cheers

• 1. Re: Load order for adding files
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you display the clips in your Project Assets panel in List View rather than Icon View, you can order them according to a number of criteria by clicking the various column headers.

Unfortunately, while ordering them according to timecode is available, ordering them by date they were shot is not.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Load order for adding files
            A.T. Romano Level 7

kbhj vou86v

If you can order the files in the hard drive save folder, what happens if you import that folder into Premiere Elements 11?

Another avenue to explore...there is an Elements Organizer that comes with Premiere Elements. In the Elements Organizer, create an Album and order your media in the Album. Then import the Album into Premiere Elements 11.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Load order for adding files
              kbhj vou86v Level 1

Thanks for the info.

cheers

MikeC

• 4. Re: Load order for adding files
                kbhj vou86v Level 1

Importing the folder (where files are ordered by date) still results in vids being alpha sorted once imported. The Organiser route works, if I import into Project assets first. But for some reason I can only import up to four vids at a time manually. If I try more nothing happens; ditto trying to import the whole folder. Maybe the software is trying to comply but there is no 'egg timer' or progress bar or such to let me know something is happening. There is also an issue where once I have dragged the vids across into the project assets box, the scroll frame doesn't roll down to provide an empty space for the next batch drag and drop from the Organiser screen. So I need to move to the Projects Assets window and scroll down manually which means the highlighted vids in the Organiser section are unhighlighted. No, it's not a huge deal, but as I'm dealing with about 30 odd vids having to remember which ones I last did is a minor pain; especially as most of the vids start as black boxes in preview. I also have to manually adjust the Elements and the Organiser windows so I can operate. If I have been too lazy to find out there is an 'arrange all' function - my apologies! Being able to simply import the vids in the order they are displayed in the source folder would be really helpful. I dare say this is no big deal for anyone dealing with less than (say) 10 vids. But many thanks - this has helped muchly anyway.

cheers

MikeC

• 5. Re: Load order for adding files
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

kbhj vou86v

First on my list for tomorrow will be taking another look at your results and commenting further.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR