2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 1:28 AM by incubo1

Brush contrast problem

incubo1

Hi there

Quick question: If I am creating a black line drawing with a brush, how can I ensure that I will be able to alter the contrast later on? Sometimes it seems to work, other times not at all (i.e. if I open the histogram, it shows just one line all the way to the left; the lack of colour suddenly becomes an issue).

I like to use a soft, slightly opaque brush at first - which with the tablet gives it a nice range of pressure, but then usually I need to up the contrast at a later point.

I'm using PS CS6. Hopefully the answer is smack-my-forehead simple.

Thanks so much!

• 1. Re: Brush contrast problem
          MikeGondek Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If your histogram is black only then your brushg was fileld with black only. SOunds liek you are working on a cmyk ro rgnb document, adn wanting to use the default color of black 75c 68m 67y 90k. I really do not see why Adobe chose that for the default black. You may want to try 100k 60c 40m 40y also for a rich black line.

• 2. Re: Brush contrast problem
            incubo1 Level 1

Hi Mike

Thanks so much for your reply, I never would have come up with such an idea on my own. Interesting aspect of Photoshop!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to solve the problem - it merely shifts the single 'bar' further to the right along the histogram and the line's contrast can still not be altered.

Any other ideas would be hugely appreciated!

incubo