6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 11:53 AM by LeoP2P

.TS file import resulting a big pixels on the screen in the timeline

LeoP2P

TS.pngVOB.png

Hi there!!!

I have a problem. I'm extracting a video and audio streams from DVD by using "DVD Decrypter". Then, I mux them using "TS Muxer". And when I import that .ts file into the Premiere Pro CC, into the timeline, I see a big pixels on the image. I can't store the .VOB files on my PC, because it's some kind of container problem. Because when I play those .VOB files, MPC-HC displays that file's length is only 9 mins, but if about to watch the movie up to end - the length is 22 mins. Also, if I play the .VOB file - video stream is freezes, but audio one is not. What could be wrong? I've tried to rename the .ts file into .mpg, but it wasn't help. I could work with .mkv, but unfortunately, Premiere doesn't support that container.

Thanks!!!

• 1. Re: .TS file import resulting a big pixels on the screen in the timeline
          joshweiland Level 2

It's possible that this is simply due to Premiere trying to scale the footage to fill the Program monitor.  Some formats may be more susceptible to this than others.

In the bottom-left corner of the Program monitor, change "Fit" to "100%".  This will prevent any scaling.  If you do an export, do you see the "big pixels" in the exported file?

I don't understand your problem with VOB files.  Why does it matter if MPC-HC doesn't get the length correct?  PPro should be able to handle them.  Just import them into PPro and see what happens.

• 2. Re: .TS file import resulting a big pixels on the screen in the timeline
            LeoP2P Level 1

As you can see on the screens it's already done as you suggested about fit. I've load the both files into the timeline and didn't do anything. Just compare the screens.

I'm telling you that I can't watch that .VOB file: video freezes (without audio freezing) and MPC shows the incorrect length. If I rewind that .VOB video in MPC, it rewinds more than on 10 secs. Sometimes even - on 20. But I just click the left arrow once (do not tell me that it something in settings, because other .VOB works fine). That video turns into the unstable when watching the .VOB file in MPC-HC. Besides, windows explorer shows also incorrect length as 0:00:01. But if I choose the other .VOB and rewind it - it works fine! And windows explorer shows the correct data along with MPC-HC. It's something with container. Because if I mux two streams (Video + Audio) into .MKV or .TS, it works fine in MPC-HC, but not in the Premiere. I just want to get it work as in Premiere as in MPC-HC. Other players I do not use.

Any advices?

P.S. Of course I could make one .TS file just for MPC-HC, one .VOB file for Premiere. But I need something one to get work in both directions.

• 3. Re: .TS file import resulting a big pixels on the screen in the timeline
              joshweiland Level 2

LeoP2P wrote:

As you can see on the screens it's already done as you suggested about fit.

Actually, no, it isn't.  In both of your screenshots, you have "Fill" set in the lower left corner of the Program monitor.  I suggested you change that to "100%", just to see if it makes any difference.  Your screenshots do not show you've tried this.

I'm still confused by the rest of your post.  Have you actually imported the .VOB file into PPro and tried playing it?  If it doesn't play properly or shows an incorrect length in MPC-HC or Windows Explorer, it doesn't really matter.  Do these same problems exist in PPro when trying to play the .VOB file?

• 4. Re: .TS file import resulting a big pixels on the screen in the timeline
                LeoP2P Level 1

Look, why the one video file works fine in Premiere (.VOB one), but other one, which I loaded with the SAME settings, aren't (.TS one)? Why have I to change that setting if other files (like .VOB one) works in Premiere just fine and with no big pixels? OK, here it is. Should I make the screen? 100% scaling you have mentioned gives the same result. That's problem is not with scaling. I knew it from beginning. I'm not professional, but and not novice in Premiere. Something medium. And yes, I have the same problem when I export the sequence. The file has big pixels.

.VOB file works fine in Premiere, but it doesn't work correctly in MPC. I want a file which will work as in MPC as in Premiere, I do not want to make 2 versions of files: one for Premiere, one for MPC. I want only one version of file.

But if I make all possible to watch this file in MPC, by make .TS version, - it doesn't work correctly in Premiere.

Now is there something you didn't understood from my problem?

P.S. Let's imagine that I don't have the .VOB version of file. What would you recommend to resolve my problem with .TS importing? Why big pixels are on image? And how to repair that?

• 5. Re: .TS file import resulting a big pixels on the screen in the timeline
                  joshweiland Level 2

LeoP2P wrote:

I want a file which will work as in MPC as in Premiere, I do not want to make 2 versions of files: one for Premiere, one for MPC. I want only one version of file.

But if I make all possible to watch this file in MPC, by make .TS version, - it doesn't work correctly in Premiere.

Now is there something you didn't understood from my problem?

Thank you for clearly explaining what you're wanting.  From your previous two messages, I honestly did not understand.

You want a single file/format that you can watch in MPC and import into Premiere.

Not sure why you're getting the blockiness with the .TS file.  But PPro doesn't technically support .TS files, so there's probably not a fix available.

I would suggest converting the .VOBs into a format with greater compatibility, then ditch the .VOBs.  Here's a workflow using Premiere:

1. Import the .VOBs into Premiere and create sequences from them.
                  2. Export from Premiere using the MPEG2 format.  (Not MPEG2-DVD.)
                  3. Keep the exported MPEG2 files.  Delete the .VOBs.

These should play just fine in MPC and can be reimported into Premiere.

If you want to reduce the file sizes, you could use the H.264 format instead of MPEG2.  But these might not be as easily editable in PPro as MPEG2 files.

• 6. Re: .TS file import resulting a big pixels on the screen in the timeline
                    LeoP2P Level 1

OK. Thank you, Mister! But that job I could make without post here. I know that it would resolve problem, but it means an encoding. I wouldn't like to re-encode already an encoded material. But thanks for you answers!

Quality will be a worst if I encode the VOBs.

P.S. I think an issue might be resolved if I'll install MPEG2 plugin from MainConcept. I had the same issue when I've used the CS 4 and it was resolved my problem. I thought, it took a some time, and I thought there's a solution might exist.