5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 9:23 AM by Laubender

[AS] IDCS6 How to change vectorization in a multi State Object

Olby-Concerto

Hi there,

I've working on a big document with so many multi state objects.

Every MSO have an option: "export format in PDF articles" (don't sure about translate) in the palette "Folio Overlays > Diaporama"

Can I make an Applescript to change every "Bitmap" to "Vector"?

I've searching in every properties of a MSO, but don't find this.

TIA

Oli.

• 1. Re: [AS] IDCS6 How to change vectorization in a multi State Object
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

@Oli – you will not find it there, because it's a DPS feature.

You have to look for a specific property inserted with something like the insertLabel() method and change that.
          For searching the right key and value strings you could export an MSO to IDMS and looking at the code.

Uwe

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: [AS] IDCS6 How to change vectorization in a multi State Object
            Olby-Concerto Level 1

Thanks Uwe.

If I understand correctly, I must export my files into .idml files; open them in a XML editor and change a line.

Is that correct?

I make a translation mistake in my previous post:

in the palette "Folio Overlays > Diaporama"

Must read:

in the palette "Folio Overlays > Slideshow"

Oli.

• 3. Re: [AS] IDCS6 How to change vectorization in a multi State Object

@Oli – it's not that easy…

I said, you could look up some key and value strings.
              That means the Overlay Creator injected some of these in a process that one could describe and achieve with ExtendScript's insertLabel() method.

For each and every combination of DPS version and InDesign version this could be different keys and values.

Here an example.
              With InDesign CS5.5 and version 12.4.2.20121112_m_705220 | 7.9.5.24 and an MSO that is set to "vecor" as an option in the "Slideshow" section of the "Overlay Creator" (Now named "Folio Overlays"), the IDMS code is:

<Label>
                  <KeyValuePair Key="Type" Value="Slideshow"/>
                  <KeyValuePair Key="kAdobeDPSInteractivity_ContainerAssetFormat" Value="pdf"/>
              </Label>

In the IDMS for an MSO that is set to "Raster" the key value pair for the value "pdf" is missing. It is not set, because "Raster" is a default value.

Do not assume that for InDesign CS6 or CC or the current version of DPS the key value pairs are still the same!

You have to find out for yourself…

For our example above in InDesign CS5.5 one could select the MSO and inject the missing line like that:

app.selection[0].insertLabel("kAdobeDPSInteractivity_ContainerAssetFormat","pdf");

and then update the panel in the UI (close, open) to reflect the change…

Uwe

• 4. Re: [AS] IDCS6 How to change vectorization in a multi State Object
                Olby-Concerto Level 1

Outch…

I'll give up.

Too complicated to program it, I'll be quicker to do it in the Slideshow palette in Indesign

Thanks, Uwe, for your help.

Oli.

• 5. Re: [AS] IDCS6 How to change vectorization in a multi State Object

I'll give up.

@Oli – why is that?
                  I cannot say, but maybe AppleScript is providing something like an "insertLabel()" method as well…

You just have to do a little research to find the right key/value pairs and then iterate through a selection of page items to single out the MSOs. To give you another hint: if the DPS plug-ins are installed, every MSO, per definition, is of type Slideshow.

You'll need the IDMS stuff only for research…
                  Just look after the tag <Label> … </Label> in the XML code.

For ALL not nested MSOs in a document you could use the following ExtendScript code:

app.documents[0].multiStateObjects.everyItem().insertLabel("KeyString","ValueString");

Exchange "KeyString" and "ValueString" for the appropriate ones and your are done…

Uwe

Message was edited by: Laubender