4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 9:43 AM by A.T. Romano

Youtube accounts

drted12

How do I change a Youtube account for uploading videos?

• 1. Re: Youtube accounts
          A.T. Romano Level 7

drted12

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

How are you setup with YouTube? How many YouTube account numbers do you have? Check out the following about changing that YouTube account number to see if that helps.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174100?hl=en

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Youtube accounts
            drted12 Level 1

It's Premiere 11 running on Windows XP. During the "share" section as I went to upload onto Youtube the program simply asked for authorization to access and manage my accounts. It did't give me the option to manually put in my account info. As a result the video was uploaded into my sons Youtube account, not mine. Now I need to try and figure out a way to manually configure the upload account. Thanks for any help. I'll check that link! Ted

• 3. Re: Youtube accounts
              drted12 Level 1

By the way, I only have 1 Youtube account! Thanks again!

• 4. Re: Youtube accounts
                A.T. Romano Level 7

drted12

If all else fails, you could export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive, and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site using your own YouTube account number.

Depending on your project settings, source media, and wanted export, you might consider

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

and either the YouTube Widescreen HD or YouTube Widescreen SD. The export settings of each can be adjusted under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset selected.

But you raise any interesting question which I am not sure is answered in the link provided. From what you wrote, it would appear that your son is the owner of Premiere Elements 11 and has his YouTube account already registered by Premiere Elements 11's Publish+Share/Online/YouTube. I am not sure if you can customize that once it is set by the registered owner of the program or for the registered owner to set it for use with multiple YouTube accounts.

Interesting question.

ATR