• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAIL Enterprise vs. Standard

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched and searched and can't seem to find documentation showing the specific differences between the Standard and Entperise ediions of CF 10.  Can anyone point to documentation on the differences in CFMAIL for standard vs. enterprise, and more generally, is there any detailed document available showing specifics for the different versions? I know in the past there was a "Buyers' Guide" that showed technical differences between the two, but all I've found for CF 10 is the general list of features.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an updated comparison for CF10, and a PDF that has comparisons between Standard and Enterprise for CF10, 9 and 8:

http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-family/buying-guide.html

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusi...

As far as CFMAIL goes, the comparisons refer to a "High-scalability email engine" that is only available in Enterprise licenses of CF8 through CF10.  I have used CF9 & CF10 standard, and both support CFMAIL - but I believe it is a single-thread that is allocated for emails.  If you are doing high volume email generation from ColdFusion, the Enterprise edition *may* be capable of handling more volume because I think it allows using multiple simultaneous threads for email processing.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that ColdFusion is not a mail server. I used CF9 Standard to send between 5,000-10,000 marketing emails, but it bogged down the server. I would recommend to use a third-party service for sending high volume emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@p.sim,

Were the 5-10K emails sent out at one time?  Likely you were hitting up against the single-thread limitation in Standard.  That probably wouldn't have been an issue with Enterprise, depending on the resources available to the server.  But you are correct about dedicated email services being more efficient than ColdFusion for mass-emailing.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation