18 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 1:27 AM by Laubender

Is there an easy way to see how many rows in a table? (selected or unselected)

Christine Holzmann Level 1

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is a REALLY dumb question but I would love to know if there there is an easy way to to see how many rows there are in a table in InDesign?

(And I bet I am really going to kick myself when I hear the answer and how simple it probably is..lol !)

I am working on a huge catalog and am dealing with LOTS of tables...very long tables too at times. I am also doing a lot of copying and pasting back and forth between InDesign and Excel and it would REALLY help if I knew how many rows there are in a table without having to manually count them (TIRESOME!!).

Also, is there a way to see how many rows I have selected at any one time? It would be SO WONDERFUL if the info box could also provide this information.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for your help:))

Christine

**UPDATE**

Oh boy I AM going to kick myself! Why only NOW that I wrote this question did I suddenly notice that the Table palette shows the number of rows and columns? lol.

Okay, then is there a way to see how many rows I have selected at any given time?