0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 9:26 AM by sbuckle77 RSS

Creating an audio-only stream from a live stream

sbuckle77 Community Member

I am using Flash Media Live Encoder (3.2) to send multiple bitrate streams to an instance of Adobe Media Server 5. In addition to the video streams, I am trying to generate an audio-only stream.

I am using the default 'livepkgr' application. The input stream contains H.264 video + AAC audio.

The stream name that I set in FMLE is set to this:

livestream%i?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-audio-stream-name=livestream1_audio_only&adbe- audio-stream-src=livestream1

I created a variant playlist to include the audio-only stream. It looks like this:

#EXTM3U 
      #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=150000 
      /hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1.m3u8 
      #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=500000 
      /hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream2.m3u8 
      #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=700000 
      /hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream3.m3u8
      #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=64000,CODECS="mp4a.40.2"
      /hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1_audio_only.m3u8

However, when I retrieve the audio-only playlist it contains a list of .ts files. If it was working correctly I would expect there to be a list of .aac files. Here's an extract from the playlist (livestream1_audio_only.m3u8):

#EXTM3U
      #EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:1927
      #EXT-X-ALLOW-CACHE:NO
      #EXT-X-VERSION:2
      #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:8
      #EXTINF:8,
      ../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1_audio_onlyNum1927.ts
      ../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1_audio_onlyNum1928.ts
      ../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1_audio_onlyNum1929.ts
      ../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1_audio_onlyNum1930.ts

Any ideas why it doesn't seem to be working?

Thanks