4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 11:01 AM by mmg1723

CS 6 to CC Shortcuts/Workspace Transfer

MissionEv

How do I go about transfering my custom shortcuts and workspace from InDesign CS 6 to CC?

• 1. Re: CS 6 to CC Shortcuts/Workspace Transfer
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

They're stored in your user profile or user library, so you copy and paste from version to version, but there's no guarantee that moving them will work for CC, and it may cause trouble (I think the verdict is still out since there are other problems and it's ahrd to tell if shortcuts/workspaces are compunding them in the threads we've seen). See Replace Your Preferences for general info on where to look in various versions of your OS.

• 2. Re: CS 6 to CC Shortcuts/Workspace Transfer
            MissionEv Level 1

Where might I find Document Presets? It too was not transfered over to CC from CS6.

• 3. Re: CS 6 to CC Shortcuts/Workspace Transfer
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Pretty sure those can't be transferred because the method for storing them has changed, but you can try.

Iin CS6 go to File > Document Presets > Define... and select the ones you want to move, then press the Save button and save the file someplace convenient. Go to the same dialog in CC and press the Load button and see if it works (I don't have CC installed, so I can't check).

• 4. Re: CS 6 to CC Shortcuts/Workspace Transfer
                mmg1723 Level 1

I tried tranferring shortcuts, etc to some degree of success EXCEPT one shortcut doesn't work. Unfortunately, it's an important one: Delete.

I tried to change it in the text document in "Show Set". I also tried opening the shortcut file in Text Edit and copied and pasted the action from a default set of shortcuts. However, whenever I got it to work (by, say, creating a shortcut for Edit>Clear with the DEL and DELETE keys), the solutions seem to work temporarily. Whenever I restar InD it doesn't work again.

Any ideas?