4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 3:32 PM by the_wine_snob

how do i edit an animated text in Pr10?

27sirena del mar Level 1

well, thanks to two people in the forum  i was able to have a color background and to align the different titles on PrE10.  But some of the title pages (tiles) don't go with the lyrics of my song as well as i thought and i want to change it.  when i click on the pages Text or animation don't come up.  the only way so far is to delete it and start a new.  very inefficient!!!

sirena del mar

• 1. Re: how do i edit an animated text in Pr10?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Have you created an Animated Title, with one of the Animation Presets?

If so, I would explore using the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position, to create the animation that you need, and then Keyframe that Effect to match the pacing of your soundtrack. A lot more control, than the Animation Presets.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: how do i edit an animated text in Pr10?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

27sirena del mar

Sounds like you are moving along in your Premiere Elements projects. That is great.

Let us go over this editing of the titles.

Are you looking to the Timeline track and identifying the title file that you want to change? If so, what happens when you double click that file with your mouse cursor? When you do, the Titler is supposed to open where you can edit your title and click Done when finished. What part of that is missing from what you are currently doing?

Please give that another look and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: how do i edit an animated text in Pr10?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

27sirenda del mar

I just saw Hunt's suggestion after I posted my reply.

From what you wrote, this sounds like something that can be taken care of in the Titler and its Text Animation options. If you get into Text Animation that require a run, pause, run, then I can see doing Text Animation from scratch yourself with Properties Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Scale or Position properties.

But I do not see where you are at the point of need.

But right now I am understanding that you cannot re-open a title for re-editing whether it has plain text or animated text.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: how do i edit an animated text in Pr10?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

With the Keyframing of the Motion>Position, one can also easily adjust the speed (plus the Interpolation of those Keyframes to smooth out the animation), without adjusting the Duration of the Title on the Timeline - the only way to change the "speed" with the Animation Presets.

It is that sort of control, that tempts me to use Keyframes on Motion>Position on all but the most simple Titles.

Now, if one is using any of the other Animation Presets, beyond Roll & Crawl, things get a bit more involved. For similar, I usually use my Bluff Titler program, or my ProDAD Heroglyph program, for the Titles. I will say that the other Title Animation Presets do tempt me though.

Hunt