• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 update failed-creative cloud

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I getting "Update Failed" for CS6 in my Creative Cloud updater? I am a paying CC member and the updates for CC work but not for CS6. I may not like keeping CC and want to default to CS6. What is going on with these "Update failed" app updates warnings?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whether this is related, but it may be---

First, FYI, I am on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.

I had four updates available - Photoshop CC, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6 - then later also Camera Raw CC. The two CC apps updated perfectly; the three CS6 updates failed (error U44M1P7, which apparently simply means the update failed). I then tried updating them from within the apps themselves, each of which led to an attempt to update the CS6 Extension Manager - all of which failed with the same error message. I then called Adobe Support, but unfortunately that turned out to be a colossal waste of time. So I went to the Forum and found a suggestion to uninstall the CS6 Ext Mgr by dragging it to trash and then reinstalling it (http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/). Once I did this, and went back to the CS6 apps to try to update them, all three indicated that they were now up to date. Thus, it appears that the problem was with CS6 Ext Mgr, not the three CS6 apps per se.

Of course, now Creative Cloud still indicates the updates are available for the three CS6 apps. However, now when I try to perform the updates, they still fail but with an error 49 (not sure what that is - perhaps related to the fact that the apps are up to date?). It would be great if Creative Cloud can "figure out" that these are now up to date.

Anyone else have any other thoughts?

You might check the following under the Extension Manager Forum: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5537279#5537279, noting in particular the more recent entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to sign out from Creative cloud app and sign in again to see if that changes anything.

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting the Adobe Application Manager or Creative Cloud Updater didn't make the issue go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep Creative cloud app and uninstall Adobe application manager, download Adobe Cleaner tool http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html and uninstall Adobe Application manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool but the Adobe Application Manger is not showing on the list. Is there anything else that I can do?

I'm running OSX 10.8.4 on a Retina MBP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this . IT DID NOT HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please navigate to Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers and uninstall all Adobe softwares.

Navigate to Applications/Utilities and trash any Adobe folders (Application Manager,Creative Clous etc).

In Applications trash Adobe.

Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe and trash Adobe.

Navigate to Library/Preferences and trash any Adobe Preferences.

Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe and trash Adobe. (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html)

Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences and trash Adobe Preferences

Empty the temp folder. Restart your machine and try to install and update CC desktop and CS6 applications.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?!!! One app fails and you want us to uninstall everything to see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is madddening. We pay a premium for this software. It should WORK! Very SHODDY IMHO. I can't update in the CC App, I can't update thru the Application Manager, I can't manualy download and install updates.

If Quark, Inc. ever wanted a second chance, if they read this forum, they would start salivating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweaver67 and Zerograv10 this is an older discussion.  I would recommend reviewing Installation failed. Error U44M1P7 | Updates - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-updates-ccm.html.  If you continue to face difficulties then you may want to begin a new discussion with your specifics in the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_cloud_faq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jeff, but in my opinion relying on the consumers of your software to debug, troubleshoot, and problem solve their own user experience is just plain bad business.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an avid Adobe fan, but lately the CC software is smacking of Microsoft bloat ware.

The quality control just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

If you launch an OS embedded app like this and the functionality FAILS more than half the time, has it truly been error tested?

If I produced websites and creative solutions for clients on the premise that it works "some of the time" I'd be laughed out of business!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweaver67 if you would like a guided support option then I would recommend contacting our support team directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issues you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFS what is that for answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sure few have this issue, but it is ONE reason for failed updates within Creative Cloud..

I am traveling out of the US, and updates all failed (four of them), even after reboot.

As soon as I logged in on a VPN, no problem, updates went fine.

Kind of silly that you are locked out for going out of the US or your place of registration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this issue was solved. I had the same problem, but shutting down & rebooting fixed the issue.

Do not restart as it does not work, well atleast inmy case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolve the any update issue with cretive cloud applicaitons , perform the steps mentioned below

• Windows OS

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe  ........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available ) C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe    .... remove  AAMUpdater file   

• Mac OS X

Application "Roaming Data Folder"     /Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe.....  remove AAMUpdater file     Application "local cached data folder"      /Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe        ........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available )

• Un install Adobe Creative Cloud

Windows           Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features  ...... Uninstall adobe creative cloud     MAC           Applicaiton  > Adobe Creative Cloud > uninstall Adobe creative cloud

• Install creative cloud again from Creative.adobe.com

https://creative.adobe.com/

Sign in to creative cloud  , update issue will be resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a long time hemming and hawing before deciding to go with CC. In the end I figured the pros out weighed the cons, and all the nay sayers were over reacting.

Now I have this update issue. I've seen the various solutions - and frankly, a complete re-install is not an answer. Given that the update doesn't work why should I have any faith in that the re-install download will work? Could be left with nothing - and I do not have the time for this or discussions with support people.

I have the shutdown and reboot solution and khushboo's suggestion still to try. If these do not work, then I think I will be leaving the cloud (fortunately I still have a stand alone copy of PS installed). When working under pressure, this is the last thing I want to have to deal with.

I also haven't seen a good explanation of what the problem is - I'm running Windows 7. I've read about problems about language packs, but I have not tampered in any way with the cloud installation.

If Adobe wants to retain any confidence in this service, they need to provide information of why the update has gone wrong, not just "reinstall" - unless of course they're willing to pay for my time while I get everything set up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixstel if you are referring to the U44M1P7 error then please check the log files for the exact error you are facing with the update.  As discussed in message #10 this is quite an old discussion so if you are facing specific updates I would recommend starting a new discussion with the error messages discovered in your installation log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old post but the issue does come up once in a while. Here's a screen shot of one that hit me a few days ago, with error detail ranging from "download error", "corrupt download" (neither verbatim):

adobeccissues.PNG

My fix:

1. Wait. Do nothing. Resist the urge to jankify your system. If you can work with the application without the updates (assuming they're not serious), a day or 2 probably won't matter.
  2. Try again the next time you restart your machine (not "now", whenever the next time is) - yes, annoying that you have to, but refer back to #1 - resist the urge to "fix it yourself, now".
    • The "sign out" -> "log back in" rarely works, wait, "rarely"?...actually never for me
  3. ~ 3 days later (with the same number of retries == the number of times I have powered up up my machine), all's well:
    adobeccissues2.PNG

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines