1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2006 6:54 PM by Newsgroup_User

loadMovie() won't let movie play all the way through

D._Porter
      Hello all,
      I have a parent movie that loads my sites intro and mainsite seperately. There are three frames, the first frame have tow buttons that tell the playhead to go to the "intro" frame, and the "main" frame respectively. The actions on the "intro" frame are:

_root.stop();
      loadmovie("intro.swf", shell);

and the same on the "main" frame loading the main movie. There are two problems. 1. When it loads my intro it only plays a couple of of frames and goes on to the main frame without being prompted to by any code. 2. When it plays my main movie, none of the buttons will work. The movie wont play past the second "home" frame, to go to our "about us", "our work" etc pages. If someone could help that would be great. Can't officially launch my site until this is fixed!

I'll post the problem files on www.chameleonworldwide.com/SWFloader.swf/ if anyone wants to check out.

Thx.
        • 1. Re: loadMovie() won't let movie play all the way through
          Level 7
          Problem#1:
          Are you saying the only Actionscript you have is loadMovie on the frames and
          gotoAndStop(__) on the buttons.

Based on what you posed it seems the the into.swf has a _root.play() action
          or somthing similar within it.
          Problem #2:
          It is possible you placed a second set of buttons on the main movie frame
          and those do not have Actionscript. For the buttons you might want to have
          one layer with one key frame on the first frame that extends over the three
          frames and not have them on separate keyframes.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          Flash, Actionscript and Flash Media Server examples:
          http://flashexamples.hosfordusa.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "D. Porter" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e6kfsa$q2k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello all,
          > I have a parent movie that loads my sites intro and mainsite
          > seperately.
          > There are three frames, the first frame have tow buttons that tell the
          > playhead
          > to go to the "intro" frame, and the "main" frame respectively. The actions
          > on
          > the "intro" frame are:
          >
          > _root.stop();
          > loadmovie("intro.swf", shell);
          >
          > and the same on the "main" frame loading the main movie. There are two
          > problems. 1. When it loads my intro it only plays a couple of of frames
          > and
          > goes on to the main frame without being prompted to by any code. 2. When
          > it
          > plays my main movie, none of the buttons will work. The movie wont play
          > past
          > the second "home" frame, to go to our "about us", "our work" etc pages. If
          > someone could help that would be great. Can't officially launch my site
          > until
          > this is fixed!
          >
          > Thx.
          >