1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 6:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Correct settings for an avchd 1920x1080 60i  Format video

Graficozzo

Hi, this is Graficozzo from México 

I have an hdr cx-150  sony camara wich have the avchd 1920 x 1080 60i format, i start a new proyect in Premiere elements 11 but just one  settings have a 60, but it´s  avchd lite 720p 60, the rest  are 30i, 30, 24  at 29.97 frames per second.

This is mi doubt,  wich one of those settings work better with my camara format ?

I ask these,  cause i´m having troubles with the final result in the edition,  with videos that looking good hd  at the camara preview, looking good hd when i edited on mi pc using premiere elements 11, but when i end the edition and see the result, the video look with less quality that the one i see on my monitor.

And I don´t know if these differents rates in the frames per second can affect the final result in my video.

Thanks for your time

PD.  Sorry if I have errors on my orthography

• 1. Re: Correct settings for an avchd 1920x1080 60i  Format video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Graficozzo

If you have 1920 x 1080 60i that 60i is not 60 frames per second but rather 60 fields per second. Consider that the same as 29.97/30 interlaced frames per second.

So, you want the Premiere Elements 11 project preset to be

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD HD 1080i30

but if you have 5.1 channel audio with your video instead of stereo, then you want to use the project preset

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD HD 1080i30 5.1 channel

When you drag your video for the first time to the Expert view Timeline, the project should set this project preset for you based on those video properties. You can check what it has set by looking at Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the reading for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size. If it does not set the correct project preset, you can do that manually with File Menu/New/Project before you import you video into the project.

Please review the above. If you have any questions or need clarification on anything that I have written please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR