3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2013 1:30 PM by A.T. Romano

I need help~~~~~~~

Sandie6595

I have Premier Elements 9.  The pictures on my slide show are only showing 1/2 the picture.  Why and how do I fix it?  It's never done this before.

• 1. Re: I need help~~~~~~~
          Barbara B. Level 7

Hi, Sandie6595. You posted this in the Photoshop Elements forum and hardly anyne here uses Premiere Elements, which has its own forum. I'll move this over there for you, since you'll get better help there.

• 2. Re: I need help~~~~~~~
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Win Update breaks WMV http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1252244

-this is for Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements and Encore

• 3. Re: I need help~~~~~~~
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandie6595

As John T. Smith has indicated the 1/2 wmv display is caused by a recent Windows Update kb. There is an Announcement at the top of the forum that goes into detail on this. For your convenience, this is what it should look like:

Announcement: Windows Update Causes Display to Be Blacked Out

MicroSoft has issued an Update for Windows, that is causing problems with Displays. The following is from Talbot McInnis, who tracked down this problem, and offers a fix:

"MS bulliten MS13-057.  Specifically, on XP kb2834904 and on windows 7 kb2803821 is causing a problem

For us, it occurs when decoding WMV9 files.  Not all uses of WMV decoding are affected, but I confirmed that when connecting the WMV decode DLL to a sample grabber for RGB32 video, the frames arrive black on top, so that points directly to decoding internals of the WMV Decode dll.

You can uninstall these windows updates to resolve your problem."

There are several threads on the problem that this Update is causing on the PrE and PrPro Forums, so one can get more details. So far, there is not another fix from either MS, or Adobe.

Also, see this Adobe KB Article: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/wmv-files-corrupted-import-or.h tml

by Bill Hunt (Jul 12, 2013)

Many, many threads have been written here in the past several weeks. Two keys

a. For now, set Windows Updates to require your notitication and approval before any downloading and installing. (that was in one of the threads and posted by oldevhs)

b. If you catch the offending Windows Update kb in Important Updates, right click the kb and select Hide. That is supposed to keep the kb gone (that was in of the threads and posted by nealeh).

Please let us know if you have any problems carrying out that fix. Are you in a company environment which provents you from making the correct yourself?

Thanks.

ATR