• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the possible reasons for adobe flash player crashing constantly?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I utilize mixcloud, soundcloud,and podomatic on a daily basis, and recently have been having problems getting these three to play.  I'm not certain if there is a clash between the various plug-ins within my mozilla firefox browser.  The error messages that I have been receiving sometimes acknowledge the problem as a adobe flash player error, a shockwave flash player error, and sometimes as a flash blocker being enable in my browser, which keeps me from receiving any audio playback and the music from downloading onto the page. I'm constantly being asked to reload the page, or request a crash report. Has anyone encounter this problem?  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Uninstall BOTH Flash Player and Shockwave using the Control panel.

Reinstall both using Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

and http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Reboot

In Firefox, click Tools>Addons

Check to be sure BOTH plugins are enabled and the LATEST version

FirefoxScreenSnapz002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall BOTH Flash Player and Shockwave using the Control panel.

Reinstall both using Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

and http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Reboot

In Firefox, click Tools>Addons

Check to be sure BOTH plugins are enabled and the LATEST version

FirefoxScreenSnapz002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

the information you sent to me worked on the previous version of firefox.  An updated version has been recommended, and behind installing it I experienced the problem we just solved. My podcasts will not load, and the error message flash blocker browser setting or extension is again displayed, with the accompanying comment that I have to enable flash to hear sound.  I reinstalled the previous version, and everything worked again.  Do you know how I have to adjust  the updated version and get the desired audio playback when i use podcast, mixcloud, etc.  One of the enhancements in the updated version is something called mixed content blocking,could this be where the problem is being recreated?  Thank you for the help you have previously given to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines