2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2006 11:25 AM by syncrasy

RoboHelp on Virtual PC (Mac)?

syncrasy Level 1
      Does anyone have any experience running RoboHelp on a Macintosh via Virtual PC? I own a PowerBook G4 with 512MB RAM. I need to use RoboHelp (and Captivate) for an upcoming project. I could buy either Virtual PC for my PowerBook (+ add'l RAM if necessary) or a Wintel laptop. Obviously, I'd rather not buy another computer, but will do so if RoboHelp (or Captivate) is known to run poorly via emulation software. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp on Virtual PC (Mac)?
          mballai Level 1
          You might want to have more RAM available. I recently installed an older version of RH on my machine (dual G4 with 1GB RAM), but I haven't had time to do anything with it. Virtual is usually just a bit slower than a regular PC, but it can do stuff if there's enough RAM.
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp on Virtual PC (Mac)?
            syncrasy Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: mballai
            You might want to have more RAM available. I recently installed an older version of RH on my machine (dual G4 with 1GB RAM), but I haven't had time to do anything with it. Virtual is usually just a bit slower than a regular PC, but it can do stuff if there's enough RAM.

mballai,
            Thank you for the advice. I have just ordered Virtual PC and 1GB add'l RAM (to bring me up to 1.5GB), so I hope to be up and running soon.
            --syncrasy