3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2013 3:08 PM by A.T. Romano

Uploading to Facebook

breezus_00

I am trying  to upload a video to facebook from Premeire Elements 10.  It goes through the "rendering", "uploading", and "transferring to facebook" steps, but then it says "Failed: Unknown Error".  Why is it not working?

• 1. Re: Uploading to Facebook
          A.T. Romano Level 7

breezus_00

What computer operating system is Premiere Elements 10 running on?

Is this a "it worked before but now" problem or "it never worked before" problem?

How long has it not been working?

Have you tried to export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer drive and then uploading that file to Facebook at its web site? Does that still work?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Uploading to Facebook
            breezus_00 Level 1

Thanks!  I am new to making videos.  I have Window xp.  I have had trouble with this everytime with 1 exception.  I was able to put one video on facebook.  and I have tried about 5 times. 

I have not tried to upload from a saved file...I will give that a try. 

Also,  I got a message that said I have a generic display driver and that I should upgrade it to something better.  Would that be part of the problem, and if so, how do I fix it?

• 3. Re: Uploading to Facebook
              A.T. Romano Level 7

breezus_00

That display error presents itself in various versions of Premiere Elements. Here is the drill on that:

1. Go to the web site of the manufacturer of your video card and make sure that you have the latest driver for your video card. If the problem persists after you are sure that you have the latest video card driver....then

2. Delete the BadDrivers.txt file. The path to it for Windows XP 32 bit and Premiere Elements 10 would be:

Local Disk C

Documents and Settings

All Users

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder should be the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Make sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the path above. Please let us know if you can find that BadDrivers.txt file.

Thanks.

ATR