4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2013 7:36 AM by A.T. Romano

How can I remove a gap after trimming frames from a video?

oldhokie67

I created a slideshow containing both photos and videos in Photoshop Elements 11 and sent it to Premier Elements 11 so I could trim the videos. When I trim the videos I get a gap that I can't get rid of. Besides trying the trim function, I tried doing a split and 'Delete and Close Gap' but the gap remained.  

• 1. Re: How can I remove a gap after trimming frames from a video?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhokie67

Whether or not you are doing a slideshow as you are, the Premiere Elements "gap" may not close with use of the "Delete and Close Gap" command. This is typically due to content being on the upper tracks. When this happens you use the mouse cursor to move the clips together to fill the gap. Often holding down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you make Timeline additions or maneuvers avoids disturbing other components of the Timeline.

But, I would ask this...what did you use for the Output option for the Photoshop Elements 11 slideshow in its Editor? Did you use Edit With Premiere Elements Editor? And, if so, did you right click the slideshow when it arrived on the Premiere Elements Timeline, followed by the selection of the command "Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow"?

Where are you trimming these video clips? In the Preview Windows Set In and Set Out points? Or, by using the split clip tab on the stem of the Timeline Indicator?

The techniques mentioned above should take care of the issues that you mentioned. If not, please let us know and supply more details, including details of your workflow from the time the slideshow first arrives as a whole video (.psess) on the Premiere Elements Timeline.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How can I remove a gap after trimming frames from a video?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with ATR's comment on Video Clips above the Slide, it can also happen, with Audio content, that might appear below the Slide.

I agree that Selecting the other material, on that Track, then dragging it to close the gap, is the way to go.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How can I remove a gap after trimming frames from a video?
              oldhokie67 Level 1

A.T., I did use Edit With Premier Elements and when I got the slideshow in Premier Elements I used the Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow. The problem turned out to be the audio track below the video.  Once I moved the audio beyond the gap, I was able to remove the gap with the Delete and Close Gap command. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

• 4. Re: How can I remove a gap after trimming frames from a video?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhokie67

Thanks for the follow up that you found the solution in resolving your problem.

Glad that we could be of assistance in this matter.

Continued success.

ATR