3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 2:45 AM by pwillener RSS

Uninstall adobe reader?

salamander123abc

Printing PDFs has never worked for all PDFs since I had a trial version of adobe acrobat.  I would like to know how can I uninstall adobe reader???  Later I will download and reinstall.  Adobe will not help me, although they caused this problem with their trial acrobat.  Thx!

• 1. Re: Uninstall adobe reader?
          Test Screen Name CommunityMVP

If it's Windows, uninstall in the usual way with the (Add/Remove) Programs Control Panel.

Most importantly, if the trial is finished you need to uninstall Acrobat NOT Reader. Then repair Reader.

• 2. Re: Uninstall adobe reader?
            salamander123abc Community Member

TY very much.  As you typed that I was uninstalling Reader.  So, I uninstalled Reader, and the Reader dictionary (I will try to do a fresh new download of the free Adobe reader later). Adobe support did uninstall the acrobat trial when I had called them.  That was what Adobe did but it did not fix the problem and enable reader to print.  Again I used to be able to print PDFs fine with reader before this stupid trial.  I see that I also have a program called acrobat.com.  Can I uninstall that??  I do not have any other acrobat product on this computer.  The only other adobe products I have are photoshop elements 4.0 and flash player 11 ActiveX.  I want to take any unneeded adobe stuff off and do the free download again.  Today I also made sure all Windows updates are current and installed.

• 3. Re: Uninstall adobe reader?
              pwillener CommunityMVP

Acrobat.com is no longer supported, and you should uninstall it.