Zooming in on Keyframe

Richard M Knight Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere CC 7.0.1

669ti latest driver

i7

Windows 7

24GB ram

BM decklink studio

I have two keyframes about 1 second apart in the effects control panel (in built scale effect). The clip is about 3:30 long and the cti is parked on one of the keyframes. If I drag the slider at the bottom of the panel to zoom into the keyframes they get further apart but then suddenly jump off the screen, I have to zoom out again for them to re-appear. This makes it hard to select a keyframe as I can't zoom in enough.

RMK

• 1. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Place your mouse over the slider and scroll while holding ctrl.

See if that will help. Playhead will stay in the middle and expand the ECW to get more room.

• 2. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
            Richard M Knight Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No, no better. It's almost as if it is switching from zoom to move when it gets to a certain zoom level.

• 3. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Maximize the panel then expand the keyframe section.

• 4. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
                RonFred Level 1

PositionEffectKeyframeZoomProblem.jpg

I have a need to tightly control positioning of a video clip using motion position keyframes. But the effect control window can only expand a very limited amount. The suggestions by Jim and Ann are of no use: Ann's suggestion actually does not work at all, and Jim just points out the problem with no solution.

See attached photo after maximizing panel and expanding keyframe section as much as tool allows. Video clip shown is 1.5 hours long, mp4 1920x1080 at 29.97 fps. Product is Adobe Premiere Pro 8.0.

WHAT IS NEEDED IS THE ABILITY TO USE THE MOUSE TO PINCH IN THE "ZOOM/POSITION" SLIDER DOWN TO THE INDIVIDUAL FRAME LEVEL.

• 5. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
                  shooternz Level 6

With the CTI on one of the key frames... try  the + and - keys to zoom in and out.

• 6. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
                    RonFred Level 1

Hi Shootenz:

Does not work for me. But you did get me to think of checking the "Keyboard Short Cuts" under the file menu.

What does work for me in windows environment is to put the current time indicator (CTI) on one of the keyframes, then use the "=" (equal) key for zooming in , and "-" (minus) for zooming out.  Note that the "-" key associated with the Numlock keypad will not work, just the "=" and "-" keys on the top row of the normal keyboard.

You were close enough to get me thinking about a solution, thanks for that.

• 7. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
                      shooternz Level 6

Those were the exact Keys I was talking about.    + (=)  and - (_) on a standard keyboard.

I have a dedicated Premiere Pro Keyboard and it is labeled differently to normal kbds.

• 8. Re: Zooming in on Keyframe
                        RonFred Level 1

Yes, that's why I "liked" your reply in the first place.  Yet it took me several hours to figure out that "=" is the adobe short cut for "+" in zooming in general. My bad, for being self-taught.  Thanks again for your time.  For the "uninitiated" perhaps my post will help bridge the gap to get a solution quickly.

The real problem seems to be a bug in the "slider thing" in the effects control window (EFW), forcing me to finally start learning, and appreciated,  keyboard shortcuts.