2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2013 3:48 PM by John Waller

Using trial version in relation to commercial use

Js565 Level 1

Hi,

I would like to ask a question that many people from my group have been discussing. If you use a trial version of any cs6 creative suite, e.g Adobe Photoshop trial or Premiere trial, would it be legal to use this if you are doing some commercial/client work?

I remember asking an adobe live support representative, who said it was perfectly legal and fine to do so, but would like to further confirm this with other experts?

Thanks just want to have a clear answer regarding this!

Thank u

• 1. Re: Using trial version in relation to commercial use
          Ellis home Level 4

I think you got your answer already. An Adobe representative is the most qualified to answer a query like that.

• 2. Re: Using trial version in relation to commercial use
            John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What's not quite sitting right with you about the answer you've already got?

In short, no-one will have any idea that work you've produced with Adobe products has come from a Trial version or a purchased version. There's no watermark or anything similar to disfigure the output and prevent its use in a commercial workflow.

Adobe is unlikely to put their official blessing on you consistently using a Trial for commercial work in a public forum such as this but they're equally highly unlikely to prevent you doing so if they can smell a potential sale.

The spirit of a Trial is short term free use of non-crippled, full-featured software so you can evaluate its performance and make an informed purchasing decision based on your hardware, operating system and workflow.

You can only use a Trial for 30 days after which it ceases functioning unless you pay for it. So any benefit you get from producing work on a trial version is very shortlived unless you buy the product eventually.

Probably not the clear, definitive answer you're seeking but I guess I'm just looking for the real reasons at the heart of your question.